Saturday, July 7, 2007

Week 5 - #10 Play



I have always enjoyed Image Generators. However, I never knew there were so many different sites out there. Currently, I use a font generator for my school webpage... www.familylobby.com. I like adding a little more dimension to the title. Finding sites that did not contain questionable content for elementary school age students has been an issue.
I played around with the Comic Strip Generator and noticed a link to http://www.imagegenerator.org/. Wow what a plethora of sites to search. Loved it.

A new project that I would like to introduce into our school library is a Birthday Book Club. Many of the schools within our district have such a program to increase the library collection as well as acknowledging the students. My funding is very limited. One way to save on some cost would be to created a bookplate that I could print out on the computer using existing Avery labels. Another positive for this project was the opportunity to purchase the rights to the graphic which would be free of the link. This would eliminate any students going to a site that may potentially have inappropriate material or links to another site that does.
The label was created using a generator found at http://www.customizemagnets.com/.




2 comments:

IrmaPince said...

That would make a great book plate. The image generators are lots of fun - it is a shame that so many of them have or link to inappropriate material.

Libladylib said...

I love the generators, too. You are really good at all this stuff. I am sure I will need your help once I try to do it on my website.
Your bookplates will be awesome.