Thursday, August 30, 2007

Week 9 #22 - ebooks and Audio Books

Working in an elementary school library, I discovered ebooks very quickly. It was a way for me to "read" a lot of the new books without viewing them. I could listen to a couple as I was preparing dinner or cutting out bulletin board displays. Sometimes I would get distracted because I wanted to view the pictures as well. Our school has also used them to further reinforce necessary skills for our Special Education classes, RSP program and our ESL students. Tumblebooks is not a free source but offers a wonderful selection of children's books.

4 comments:

Kevin said...

I read your post about ebooks and online resources. I agree, I find the ability to read digital content, whether online or offline, to be a great resource. May I suggest Keybookshop, another source of digital learning material at http://www.keybookshop.com/

Thanks for you blog.

Kevin

Anonymous said...

Thanx for giving right resource. Kevin your digital learning material is awesome. I came across
http://www.hear-now-audio-books.com

which also has excellent resource. I hope it will help you.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I am a HUGE fan of audiobooks, as one might guess, since I'm such an iPod lover! First of all, audiobooks fit nicely into my life--just as with podcasts, I can listen to an audiobook during my commute time, while waiting in a traffic jam or wherever! My family enjoys audiobooks together just about every time we take a trip. I "read" books in this way that I might not have time to read otherwise.
You can get all most all books here like Harry Potter, Shakespeare, Major British writers, Shelly, Keats, Byron, John Grishom, Mary Higgins Clark, Roberta Allen Bio I got my copy in audio format from ”Audio Books”.
Hurry up, because this offer lasts for a limited time