Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Week 6 #14 - Explore Technorati

I spent about 4 hours perusing Technorati. Don't think this will be a favorite of mine. So much time was spent filtering through "dribble" to find a something of interest. For example, if I searched "library, school, elementary, skills" I would obtain blogs from "screwing around in the school library" to "I love my library - contests". Perhaps as I become more proficient with tagging I will be able to narrow the searches down. I claimed my blog and will try another go at the program today.

Social networking does have its pluses and minuses. I have used blogs in the past to communicate with family members regarding events, much like the annual Christmas letters many receive, that are happening without having to write each individually. They can post their replies and it is fun to read what others have to say - you don't get that in individual letters. But this blog is not going to be of interest to anyone outside the family circle.

1 comment:

oweLMT2 said...

I agree. I didn't spend much time with Technorati. There are too many blogs to read and so many irrelevant. I just started last week and am trying to finish, 1 week per day, so I have to remind myself to stay on task too. But I appreciate getting comments so I took the time to send some myself and I'm glad to find out not everyone has finished or quit yet. Your comment link was harder to spot. Almost missed it.