Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Week 7 #16 & 17 - Learn about wikis

Okay I have to change my opinion of wikis. Originally I was not necessarily a fan. Wikis, such as Wikipedia, are not always completely reliable sources. However, after looking through a couple of the listed sites, I found a lot of valuable information.

The Sample School Wiki was a wonderful example of how this tool could be used within the classroom. However, it looked extremely involved to set up. I would like to go back to view the first postings to see how the site as progressed from its conception.

Another wiki I enjoyed was the Blogging Libraries Wiki. For the elementary schools, it provided links to blogs rather than a true wiki. However, I enjoyed looking at what other libraries are doing with this knowledge.

I saw this video on Page Space's blog and felt it important to include on mine page as well. It really broke everything down into a very simplistic manner. Wikis are beginning to make sense to me know. I felt that blogging could do the same thing but now I see that wikis could eliminate the need to go back and read a paper trail.

1 comment:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

TeacherTube has a lot to offer. So do you!

Best wishes.