Sunday, June 24, 2007

Little bit of a setback - difficulty viewing video

I was really looking forward to moving onto the RSS lesson when it was brought to my attention that some are still having difficulty viewing the "movie" I made. If some of you cannot view it, that means that students, parents, and staff cannot as well. So...until I hear back from the developer of the EdWeb program regarding what I am have done incorrectly, I tried to think of another workaround. (Of course it works on my computers, so I won't know if it works on yours).If you choose to view the video you will need to go to the following link:

http://edweb.pylusd.org/lib0320

When the site loads, the video should appear at the bottom of the page. If not, it can be viewed by clicking on the "Summer Reading Video" link on the left-hand side of the page. It may also have something to do with filters. Some avatars do not display correctly on my comments and I found out that they were being filtered...not all just some.

I am very proud of my creation and think I did an okay job for only my second attempt. Looking forward to creating more "movies" for school and family. Let me know what you think and how it can be improved

5 comments:

IrmaPince said...

Hmmm - might not be you. Even the link on the left of your page drew a blank with the following error message: "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. If the file is located on the Internet, connect to the Internet. If the file is located a removable storage card, insert the storage card."

Queen of Hearts said...

Thanks for the update Irma...
It may have something to do with Active Control X needing to be installed but you would have received a message at the top of the screen by the toolbar if that was the case. It is hard to troubleshoot since I can view it on all the computers I accessed at home and school. I forwarded your response to the developer of our district's webpages. Hopefully he can tell me wherein lies the problem so that I can note it on my blog and webpage.

jamie camp said...

I was able to view it by right clicking and downloading it--then it will open in Windows Media Player fine.

You did a really good job making your video interesting to view and fun for the kids. I thought it was great.

One thing I wonder though (always a fly in the ointment)--is there a copyright issue with the music since it's posted on the web? I'm not sure. I hate to mention that because it's really so good! Just wondering...

Queen of Hearts said...

There shouldn't be any problem with the music since the "slideshow" was created using Photobucket Remix and they featured this song in their music library.

Queen of Hearts said...

The have been working on uploading a new version of our web page software. Every thing is out of wack! Sorry, if you have been trying to view my video.