Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Week 8 #18 - Online productivity

I love Zoho. I can't wait to share this with our 6th grade teachers. Currently our district allows for students to save to a "w" drive. However, this drive is stored on a district server so therefore not accessible from home. Many of the students save their work to disks or flash drives(which are not longer allowed) to upload to their "w" folder. Often their Word version is not compatable with the school's or they saved their file onto a non Rewritable CD. This would solve all of these problems. A student could access their documents from any on-line computer and modify to their heart's content. Filters and parental consent would be an obstacle to address, but well worth the effort.

2 comments:

Libladylib said...

I hink the "U" and "W" drives will be awesome. Looks to be available mid Sept. The storage loooks large to me. I've got tons on my "W" and it only amounts to 3% of my capacity. Nice, too, because the kids won't need e-mail permissions. Can't come soon enough for me. All handbooks went out stating district policy about student use of CD's and Flash drives. No more Thinkfree either.
How did you like delicious? Have you tried Stumbleupon? Amazing stuff.

IrmaPince said...

Hope Zoho works for you. We used it for a few weeks, but finally IT noticed it and blocked it as it has a chat on the site. No amount of reasoned argument could sway them.