Sunday, July 8, 2007

Week 5- #10 Still playing



I am still having fun with the generators. Two generators caught my eye...Gamers Sig Generator and Arcade Games Pic. Kids love video games. Unfortunately, I am not that familiar with some of the current games and Pong was not on either list. However, I did find a couple that I recognized. The elementary kids also love bookmarks so I merged these two loves.

Using the image generators above, I created the picture for the bookmark. Then I imported the graphics into PrintShop 21, added the rectangular shape at the bottom and saved the entire graphic as a .jpg file. The bookmarks would be cool with color at the bottom but it would use up way too much ink. As it is they use up quite a bit. There is some distortion with "Sonic" that I am trying to work on.

This course has really helped me to look outside the box for ideas. Our school's yearly theme next year will be "Go for the Gold", revolving primarily around the Olympics. Trading cards with Olympic athletes would be really fun but cost will certainly play an important role. I love the Movie Posters and Magazine Covers that many have created. These would also be something that could be created for the library, with Olympic athletes again.
My school webpage has a "Quick Poll" feature. Currently I am just featuring details about a past Olympian. I would like to create a trading card with the information and incorporate it into our poll feature.


2 comments:

IrmaPince said...

What good ideas. Make sure to share them on our curriculum wiki
http://calcurriculum.pbwiki.com/.
BTW, several years ago we did an Olympic theme and I used hula hoops to make a large Olympic sign on the MPR wall. You can buy them in all the appropriate colors.

Libladylib said...

Wow, I have something in common with irmapince. I used hula hoops too! I did a huge wall. We had 6 different events and all the kids in school 600 K-6. I wish i could remeber what we did, because it was my favorite. I remember the wall kinda, but that's it! SAD!
I love your bookmarks. Could you have bookplates to match? You are so talented.